AboutBlog – What actually it means?
A Blog is short form of “weblog”. It is an online journal or informational website which displays information in the reverse chronological order, with the latest posts appearing to be first. It is a platform where a writer or even a group of writers share their views or ideas on a particular individual subject.On this online journal, you could talk about your daily life or share informationabout anything good from anywhere you like. So with this people got an opportunity to communicate any information in a new way to the world through Internet (Online).
Blog is very similar to a website, maintained by one person. Usually, blogs are being updated quite often like once a day, once a week, once a month. Blogs also can be private, but most of the blogs are available online also for others to view.Blogs have certainly many topics. Blog posts are the basic fundamental of a blog. Every blog on the internet consists of different blog posts according to information obtained. Blog posts can contain contents like videos, images, bullet points, different headings and more.
Blogs can be shared on social networks like Twitter, Facebook, and Google+ ….etc. People can leave comments under the blog posts in order to start meaningful conversations. Blogs can have many visitors. When your blog has enough posts and it starts to become popular, you will start receiving traffic from other sites too, social networks and even from search engines.
KnowingDefinitions linked with a Blog
An online journal or diary that is available on the Internet like to start a blog, to keep a blog, to find a blog.
An individual who is a owner of Blog. Person who keeps the blog alive by posting new posts, sharing latest news, information, case-studies, opinions etc.
- Blog Post
An article or information which is written inside the blog.
The action of maintaining and writing a blog. While blogging, an individual should able to share information that he or she feels important, helpful or interesting for those people who view it.
Blogs have some standard features and structure. Here are common features like –
- Header with the menu or navigation bar
- Main content area with highlighted or latest blog posts
- Sidebar with social profiles, favorite content, or call-to-action
Now knowing Characteristics of Blog
In Blog, there are some special characteristics like –
When you post a new article on your blog, it appears on the first page. The more content you post, it begins going down the list. After a period of time, it will move to the next page of your blog.
Feedback from visitors is most crucial to any blogger who writes and posts content online. Good conversational posts encourage interaction with blog guests. At the end of every blog article, readers can share their different opinions through givingcomments to your content.
Difference between Blogs and Websites
- Blogs need frequent updates. -Consists of content presented on static webpages.
- Blogs promote perfect reader engagement. -Static websites owners rarely update their pages.
- Blog owners update their site with new blog – Static webpage do not have a publishing date, author
posts on a regular basis. reference,categories and tags.
- Content on a blog, has the potential to offer – Content on a static website will not change from one visit to some new things each day, week, or month. the next visit.
- Blog post include a publishing date, author
reference, categories and tags.
Blogging is one of the skills that one needs to process and control a blog. Providing webpage with tools to make the process of writing, posting, linking, and sharing content easier on the internet.
People do Blog–but Why?
Blogs are made and used for many different reasons; most of the blogs are very informative to viewers on the internet. The reason behind why people blog like –
- To express themselves about their thoughts.
- To delivery valuable information and news to other viewers on the internet.
- To make money through writing good informative contents.
- To Promotethem as a good blogger.
- To connect with equal minded people.
- To gain more and better knowledge.
- To find a better job to have good life.
- To improve good writing skills.
Blogging is becoming Popular – butWhy?
Today worldwide, most of the people on online do blogging so each day it is growing fast. Blog has become a new source to people who wants to showcase their thoughts to world. The main factors of its rise are like –
- Blogging became the main streamline source of information.
- Through blogging, most of the companies and organization keep their clients and customers prevalent.
- Through blog, customers can comment interact and pass comments with you and also with your brand or product.
- Through blogging, one can efficiently grow his or her creative skills.
ForBeginners – Guide to start a Blog in 5 steps
In many steps, there arefive main stepsneed to do in order to start a blog. They are like =
- Must choose a preferred blogging platform
Choosing where you want to build blog is the very first thing you have to do. WordPress is the platform which is quite well known and It is huge. It is one of the biggest blogging platforms in the world, with countless plugins and add-ons and almost infinite ways to design and layout your blog.There are more than 82 million active users of WordPress around the globe.
There are also other platforms like –
- Blogger – the next best platform to WordPress.
- Tumblr – Interesting,half social network, halfblog. and very simple to use.
Still comparing to these above 2 platforms, there are reasons still to choose WordPress as first choose like –
- Setup is very easy and it is free to use
- Tons of free themes and layouts
- This platform has a massive support forum in case you get stuck
- Your blog will be furiously fast and it will also look Functionality and form perfect
- People can interact with you quite easily. Your content can be shared and commented
- Free or Self hosting
This is the biggest decision have to make before going any further. You need to decide whether to pay for your blog or seize a free one. WordPress, Tumblr and Blogger all offer free blogs for anyone, perfect for beginners to involve. But these platforms have some disadvantages like –
- Cannot be able to get your OWN domain name
On a free blog, your blog’s web address means URL will be really ugly.
- Limits and more Limits
There are some limits to free blogs. You cannot monetize fully.you do not have any possibility to upload all those videos and images you want to. It is all limited. Still unpleasant is that you cannot even have access to the free themes offered by WordPress.
- Cannot own your Blog
You cannot actually own your blog. It is hosted on somebody else’s web property and they can delete it if they want. Means all your hard work on your blog, all those countless hours of writing blog posts might be perished within seconds.
On the other hand, with a Self-hosted blog on your own domain name –
you are the real owner of your blog. You will be able to name your blog in whichever way you want, Can add to that unlimited bandwidth for videos, images and content plus you can access free themes.
- ChoosingSelf – A Host and a Custom Domain
Choose a hosting company that can host your blogand alsoneed to come up with a domain name you like.There are basically two things like –
This is basically the URL of your website. Like google.com is a domain name.
This is basically the company that puts your website up on the internet so every person who are there online can see it. Everything can be saved there.
iPage is a hosting and blog domain. This is probably one of the cheapest hosting providers you will get.
A domain namewith iPage, they provide that for free. You can also use iPage for your all blogs upload. You should have a “one-click” WordPress install solution on their admin panel.That button will automatically install WordPress on your blog.All you have to do is sign up with iPage, choose your hosting plan and a domain name and look for the one-click WordPress install button on the admin panel. Leaving iPage, you can choose any other hosting company too. There are many hosting companies out there online to find out according to your view or choice.
Whois privacy is recommended that will keep all your personal details privateand surely with automated backups, as this will save your website just in case anything fails or disappears, so you won’t lose any of your blogs.Once WordPress is installed on your website, all you need to do is to start blogging, go to your WP-Admin page and start writing blog by adding a new post.
- WordPress Blog Designing
To make your blog exactlyhow you want it tolook, choose a new theme, you can either go to Appearance then go to Themes and install a free WordPress theme or you can go to a premium theme website like ThemeForest.net and buy a theme from there.WordPress also has stunning feature that allows you to change themes with just a few clicks. So if you are getting weary of your current blog template, you can just switch to another one without losing any valuable contents or images.
Keeping in mind, your blog’s design should mirror both you and your personality, but also what the blog is about. It should also be easy to navigate if you want people to stick around. If it is uncertain and difficult to move around it freely, people will not stay. Because as everybody likes different things. So make it easy for the visitors.
- Resources useful for beginnerBloggers
Blogs allows you to think and talk about any topics and express your opinion.Remember that as a blogger, you need to rely on the topics that you love to blog. As through the internet, bloggers can communicate to a larger group of people. whether you are a beginner or you have been blogging for more years, there is always a path for more learning and improvement.
There are some useful resources to help you avoid some of the problems when it comes to your first blog like –
- Blog Structure Blueprint.
- Google Analytics.
- Social Bluebook.
- Co – Schedule Headline Analyzer.
- Skimlinks or Viglinks
There are some blogging ideas for beginners like –
- Lifestyle blog.
- Health and fitness
- Travel and adventures
- Beauty and fashion
- Food and cooking
- Mom or dad diary blog.
- Technical information
- DIY blog.
- Gamer blog.
- Events blog…..etc.
There are some blogging tips for beginners like –
- Get ideas from your visitor.
- Understand your visitor.
- Firstwrite for yourself.
- Build and create your email list.
- Care and Love your existing readers.
- Focus cautiously on building an amazing call-to-action.
- Always be consistent.
- Give away your knowledge of expertise.
- Be true to your voice or words.
- Write catchy attractive headlines…..etc.
These are the few guidelines defined for beginners to start a blog. Hope this basic article will help to make you understand and clear your doubts about writing a blog.
All the Best…..!