CIA Certification Course Outline
The Certified Internal Auditor – CIA Certificate is a certification offered by the Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA) for Accountants who conduct Internal Audits. CIA Certification is the most sought after global certification for internal auditors. By getting certified as a CIA, you:
- Distinguish yourself from your peers
- Demonstrate your proficiency with internal staff and external clients
- Develop your knowledge of best practices in the industry
- Demonstrate your proficiency and professionalism
- Lay a foundation for continued improvement and advancement in your career
Mode of Training:
Live Instructor Led
Self Paced Video
To qualify for CIA Certification, you must meet at least one of the following criteria:
- 4 year post-secondary degree or higher from an accredited college or university or
- 2 years’ post- secondary education and 5 years’ relevant work experience or
- 7 years’ relevant work experience (if you do not have a bachelor’s degree)
- Full-Time Students: Students who are in their senior (final) year may enter the CIA Certification program and sit for CIA exam parts before completing their education requirement; however, before they are certified, they must meet all supporting requirements
IIA CIA Certifying Body
Established in 1941, The Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA) is an international professional association with global headquarters in Altamonte Springs, Florida, USA. Globally, The IIA CIA has more than 180,000 members. Generally, IIA members work in internal auditing, risk management, governance, internal control, information technology audit, education, and security. Click Here for IIA Offical Global Website.
CIA Course Content:
CIA Certification Part I: Internal Audit Basics
- Mandatory Guidance (35 – 45%)
- Internal Control and Risk- Awareness Level- (A)-(25 – 35%)
- Conducting Internal Audit Engagements- Audit Tools and Techniques(25-35%)
CIA Certification Part II: Internal Audit Practice
- Managing the Internal Audit Function (40-50%)
- Managing Individual Engagements (40-50%)
- Fraud Risks and Controls (5-15%)
CIA Certification Part III: Internal Audit Knowledge
- Governance / Business Ethics (5-15%)
- Risk Management (10-20%)-Proficiency Level (P)
- Organizational Structure/ Business Processes and Risks (15-25%)
- Communication (5-10%)
- Management / Leadership Principles (10-20%)
- IT/ Business Continuity (15-25%)
- Financial Management (10-20%)
- Global Business Environment (0-10%)
CIA Certification Exam Structure:
Internal Audit Basics
2.50 Hours (150 Minutes)
Internal Audit Practice
2.00 Hours (120 Minutes)
Internal Audit Knowledge
2.00 Hours (120 Minutes)
- Candidates can take IIA CIA Exam any day throughout the year
- CIA Certification UAE exams are conducted online through Computer Based Test Administration Center
Upcoming Batch Schedules
|Training Type||Start Date||Course fees|
|Blended – Classroom + Online||17.2.2017||AED 4499||Join Online|
|Live Instructor-Led Online||14.4.2017||AED 3999||Join Online||
|Online Video Training||Self Paced||AED 999||Join Online|
CIA Certification Course Highlights
Learn from CIA Certification Industry Experts and Prepare yourself for Google certification.
Hard Copy of Study Notes
Topic Wise study material in the form of Presentation, Case Studies, Practical Exercises and Quiz or Assignments with detailed answers and explanation.
Doubt solving forum to interact with faculty & fellow students.
Assignments & Cases
Work on real time cases from different domains.
24×7 Online Access
24×7 Access to Course Material (Unlocked Excel Models, Presentations, etc)
Below mentioned steps need to follow to register for CIA Examination;
- Join the IIA
- Pay membership fees
- Register and pay exam fees
- Acknowledgement of Registration
- Schedule your Examination
- Appear for the Exam
There is no deadline CIA exam can be anytime during the year
The process normally takes 2 to 3 weeks.
Yes, you can reschedule the examination
There is no limit on retaking CIA examination. However, examination fee needs to be paid every time.
A scaled score of 600 points or higher is required to pass the CIA exam. A candidate would need to answer 75% of the questions correctly on an exam with a difficulty equal to what the Board of Regents deems appropriate.
You will be provided the following:
- Original Hocks- e-text books
- Lectures of 30 to 40 Hours for Part-1, 30 to 40 Hours for Part-2 & 50 to 60 Hours for Part-3
- Practice MCQs
- Study Plan
- Digital Flash Cards
- Mock Exam
- 5 Hours Revision Session as well Mock Test before exam
- Success Notes & Guidance before Examination
- Comprehensive Support for all IIA formalities & Logistics
- Follow up Classes, Revision Classes near Exam
Yes, Delphi acts as a complete guide for those aspiring to achieve the CIA qualification.
Delphi promises success in your CIA Exam, however, if you are unsuccessful, you can avail the pass promise and attend the next batch free.