Certified Information Systems Auditor
What is this CISA Course About?
CISA Certification is a globally acknowledged certification for IS Audit Control, Assurance and Security Professionals. It is sponsored by the Information Systems Audit and Control Association (ISACA). A CISA Certificate helps in demonstrating.
- Audit Experience
- Skills and Knowledge
- Ability to Manage Vulnerabilities
- Capability to Ensure Compliance, and
- Competence to Institute Controls within Organization
The CISA Course is focused on providing an improved understanding of IS security Audit processes and better awareness on how to protect information systems.
Why CISA Certification?
Certifications offered by the Information Systems Audit and Control Association (ISACA) have consistently been rated amongst the highest paying IT certificates a professional can earn. According to ISACA, since its inception in 1978, more than 100,000 professionals have earned CISA Certification. CISA Certification remains one of the highest paying and most popular IT Certifications. It is considered a prerequisite by several governmental agencies and companies. Hiring CISAs ensures organizations’ IT and business systems become more efficient and effective resulting in greater value from and trust in its information systems.
CISA has increasingly become a hard-and-fast requirement as it distinguishes professionals as those who have not only mastered the body of knowledge, but have also shown dedication to the field and commitment to professional.
Career benefits of the CISA Certification?
The CISA certification is globally recognized symbol of excellence for Audit Professionals. It helps the IT professional in the following ways:
- Completing the CISA certification ensures that the IT professional has the necessary knowledge and experience for adequately controlling, monitoring and assessing an enterprise’s IT and business systems.
- The CISA certification proves that the professional can perform reviews while adhering to global standards, practices and guidelines.
- CISA also establishes that the employee continually improves his or her skills for successful performance at the workplace.
- The CISA certification helps IT security and Audit Professionals to quantify and market their experience.
- CISA Certification demonstrates the level of knowledge acquired and maintained to meet dynamic challenges and increases their value in the organization resulting in higher earnings and career growth
- Being CISA certified not only gives individuals a competitive edge but also helps them to become part of the elite peer network.
- With CISA Certification, Audit Professionals can take advantage of the tools and resources of a global community of experts.
Who should do this CISA Course?
The following categories of professionals can take the CISA course and obtain the CISA certification:
- CEO / CFO/ CIO/ CTO/ CISO
- Finance Managers
- Process Consultants
- System Administrators
- IS / IT Security Professionals
- IS / IT Managers
- IS / IT Auditors
- IS / IT Consultants
- IS / IT Audit Managers
CISA Exam & Certification:
Following are requirements to earn the CISA Certification.
- An individual must pass the exam and meet the work experience requirements
- To meet the work experience requirement, an individual must have a minimum 5 years of experience in IS auditing, control and security.
- Some substitutes and waivers, up to a maximum of three years, area available for candidates who have information systems or non-IS auditing experience, a university degree or a degree from one of the universities enforcing the ISACA- sponsored Model Curriculum, or a degree in information security or information technology
- A practice accepted and encourages by ISACA is to take the CISA exam first and then meet the work experience requirements. However, the CISA designation will be given only after all the requirements are met
- Candidates work experience may be gathered within ten years of applying for the certification or within five years from the date of passing the exam
- The application for CISA certification is available at the ISACA website. Candidates have five years from the passing date to apply for certification.