Overview of IELTS Training
IELTS is an English language proficiency system test for those candidates who wants to work or study in a country where English is a primary language of communication. It is an internationally recognized language test for work, study, and migration.
IELTS Training has become the most trusted language assessment in the world and is accepted over 11000 employers, universities, and organizations worldwide. Delphi offers online/offline IELTS Training in different parts of UAE as well as in GCC Countries.
What is IELTS Exam?
IELTS Exam is managed by British Council, IDP: IELTS Australia, and Cambridge English Assessment jointly. It consists of four language skills such as speaking, listening, writing, and reading. It measures the ability of communication of non-native English speakers. Zero to nine band score is given to students to identify their level of English language proficiency, from band score 1 (non-user) to band score 9 (expert) and band score 0 for candidates who did not attempt the test.
Types of IELTS Exam
IELTS has two types of exams: IELTS Academic and IELTS General Training.
- IELTS Academic
- IELTS General Training
The IELTS Academic test identifies the proficiency level in the English language of those candidates who want to pursue their academic career in English speaking country. This test helps to identify if you are ready to begin studying in English speaking environment. It includes vocabulary that is similar to an academic setting.
The IELTS General Training test is suitable for those candidates who are applying to study below degree level. This test includes an English-speaking school, or college and also can be taken for work experience or other employment training. If you want to migrate to the countries like the UK, USA, Australia, or Canada, then IELTS General Training is the right choice for you.
IELTS Exam Details
It consists of four different modules such as speaking, writing, reading, and listening. The speaking and listening tests remain the same for both Academic and General Training. But the writing and reading test pattern is different for both Academic and General Training.
- IELTS Speaking
Exam Duration – 15 Minutes
- The speaking test is divided into three parts
- In part I, the examiner will ask you about yourself such as your family, home, studies, and hobbies.
- Part I is last about four to five minutes.
- In part II, you will be given a card in which a particular topic is mentioned. You will be given one minute to prepare before speaking for one to two minutes.
- In part III, more questions will be asked about the topic in part II.
- The whole speaking test is generally recorded by the examiner.
Exam Duration – 1 Hour
- In a writing test, there are two tasks and both must be completed.
- In task I, you will be given a graph, table, chart, or diagram and asked to explain the information in your own words.
- In task II, you will be asked to write an essay in response to a point of view, argument, or problem.
- In task I, you need to write at least 150 words and spend 20 minutes on this task.
- In task II, you have to respond to a point of view or argument, or problem and need to write 250 words in about 40 minutes.
- The writing test pattern is different for both Academic and General Training IELTS.
Exam Duration – 1 Hour
- The reading test is separated into multiple tasks.
- You need to read the text that is taken from books and you need to answer all the questions in multiple-choice, sentence completion, summary writing, matching information, and short answers.
- The reading test includes a total of 40 questions.
- You need to write answers carefully, as poor spelling and grammar are penalized.
- The reading test pattern is different for both Academic and General Training IELTS.
Exam Duration – 30 Minutes
- You will be given four different recordings of native English speakers.
- The recordings generally include a conversation between two people, social speech, the conversation between a maximum of four people set in an educational context, and speech on an academic subject.
- You need to listen to the recording carefully and write your answers to a series of questions given in different formats such as multiple choice, sentence completion, etc.
Benefits of IELTS Course
IELTS is the world’s most popular English language proficiency test jointly managed by British Council, IDP: IELTS Australia, and Cambridge English Assessment. The IELTS has two types of tests such as Academic IELTS and General Training IELTS. An academic test is required for university or college admission, while the General Training test is intended for career and immigration purposes. Following are the benefits of getting your IELTS Certification
- Develop your English language expertise with an IELTS band score
- It is accepted in more than 10000 institutes in the USA and other English-speaking countries
- The Governments of many countries like the USA, the UK, Australia, Canada, and many more have accepted the IELTS test as a requirement for permanent residency
- Vast career opportunities after getting an IELTS certification
- Ideal for academic preparation and language proficiency
- IELTS certification helps you to achieve your future goals
Why choose Delphi for IELTS Training and Exam
Certified & Professional Trainers
Our trainers are qualified & industry experts with significant experience in their domain
Cloud E-Learning Portal
Get E-Learning portal access, watch the class recordings, or practice questions all in one access
Flexible Batch Timings
All our batch schedules are designed to support work while you study principles.
IELTS Preparation Material
We provide internationally IELTS Preparation Material with our customized success slides.
IELTS Course FAQs
IELTS (International English Language Training System) is a globally recognized test of English language proficiency for non-native English speakers.
There are two types of IELTS tests, such as Academic and General Training. If you want to pursue higher education in English speaking country then the Academic test is a perfect choice for you. A General Training test is probably best for you if you want to work, migrate or want to study below degree level in any English Speaking country.
If you have taken the IELTS paper test, you will be able to preview your results after 13 calendar days from the test date. If you have taken the IELTS computer test, you will be able to preview your results after 3 to 5 calendar days from the test date.
If you want to postpone or cancel your IELTS test more than five weeks before the test date, you will receive a refund minus an administration charge. If you want to postpone or cancel within five weeks of the test date, you will be charged the full fee unless you have a medical reason. You need to provide a medical certificate within five days of the test date, then you will receive a refund minus the local administrative cost.
If you are absent on the test day with no prior notice, you will lose your full fee. However, if you provide a medical certificate within five days of the test date, you will receive a refund minus the local administrative cost.
Indeed, the IELTS examination is not a very easy one to crack. Thus, the development of proper skills in all four different modules so tested in the examination along with the appropriate test-taking skills as well.
Moving from a 7 to an 8 is usually more about speaking or writing like a native speaker. You always have to understand what the examiner is looking for. To move from a 6 to an 8 you should take 3 months to prepare at the minimum.
We recommend that students spend a minimum of 6-8 weeks or 30 days preparing for the IELTS exam, focusing on grammar, reading, writing, listening & speaking. We also recommend test takers spend about 3 to 4 hours every day improving their speed, test strategies, and skills.