CMA Certification Course Outline
CMA (Certified Management Accountant) is an advanced accounting certification, offered by the IMA (Institute of Management Accountants), US. CMA certification is designed for Accountants and Finance Professionals. This certification signifies expertise in financial planning, analysis, control, decision support and professional ethics. It will increase your value at your current organization and help you further your career horizons.
Benefits of CMA (USA) Certification
- International recognition
- It is the highest level of certification in Management Accounting. With increasing globalization, FDIs, outsourcing, off-shoring, US financial service, CMAs with an international perspective are in very high demand.
- CMA (USA) believe their certification creates career opportunities and strengthens their ability to move across business areas.
- Career opportunities for CMAs can be in Multi-national companies, Financial services or consulting firms and US-based firms & organizations
- CMAs earn on an average 30% more than their non-CMA contemporaries
- In 2015, 3500 professionals earned their CMA certification, a record 17% growth
- IMA has mutual recognition agreement with.
- ICAI,Institute of Cost Accountants of India
- ACCA 7 Papers Exemption
- Exemptions CGA (Canada) advanced entry level for CGA Program
Mode of Training:
Live Instructor Led
Self Paced Video
Job Prospects after achieving CMA Certification:
Cost Accountants, Chief Accountants, Cost Managers, Finance Managers, Relationship Managers, Analyst or Business Analyst, Professors, Vice President or President, Finance Director, Commercial Director, Directors or Sr. Directors, Chief Financial Officer
Certifying Body of CMA Certification
IMA (Institute of Management Accountants) is a certification body founded in 1919 in the US and since then has been an industry standard bearer for accounting certification. With over 80000 members globally, their certification is a highly coveted credential.
IMA’s Official Website
CMA Course Details
The new CMA exam consists of two parts:
CMA PART I: Financial Reporting, Planning, Performance and Control
CMA PART II: Financial Decision Making
CMA Course Summary
External Financial Reporting Decisions (15%)
Planning, Budgeting and Forecasting (30%)
Performance Management (20%)
Cost Management (20%)
Internal Controls (15%)
Financial Statement Analysis (25%)
Corporate Finance (20%)
Decision Analysis and Risk Management (30%)
Investment Decisions (15%)
Professional Ethics (10%)
CMA Exam Format
CMA Exams are computerised Exams of 4 Hours duration and the passing marks being 500 (72%). CMA Question Pattern is as follows:
- 3 Hrs for 100 Multiple Choice Questions (Weightage 75%)
- 1 Hr for 2 Essay Type Questions 30 minutes each (Weightage 25%)
CMA(USA) Exam Dates
CMA Part-1 and Part-2 Exams are offered during following three testing windows:
|Examination Windows||Examination Months||Last Date of Registration|
|Window 1||Jan & Feb||15th Feb|
|Window 2||May & June||15th Jun|
|Window 3||Sep & Oct||15th Oct|
Eligibility for CMA Course
Anyone who has completed a Bachelor’s degree in any discipline from an Accredited College or University or pursuing his / her degree is eligible for the CMA Certification.
Where are CMA Exams administered?
CMA Exams are administered through the worldwide network of Prometric Testing Centers. To locate a Testing Center and to schedule CMA exam appointments, visit www.prometric.com . For UAE students, the CMA exam centers are in Dubai and Abu Dhabi.
CMA Certification Fees
One time CMA Certification registration fee is $ 450 Break up is International Membership Fee $245, Entrance Fee $225, Registration Fee $ 15. Exam fee will be $350 per part.
Certification Entrance Fee includes Six months’ access to the CMA (USA) Course Support package which includes the CMA (USA) Assessment Tool and printable practice questions
CMA Training with Delphi
DELPHI helps you pass both Part I and II of CMA Training and includes:
- Hocks International CMA Training Study Materials.
- CMA Licensed Software for Test Preparation.
- Mock Exams, Review Sessions with experienced Faculty.
- Revisions/Crash course before Examination.
- Administration Support for registration.
- Online group discussion.
- Free Support till Passing the Examination.
Frequently asked questions
Our trainers are Qualified CMA (USA) or CPA (USA) having more than 20+ Industry Experiences as well as having experience of teaching for more than 10 years.
A student may miss not more than the three first classes of the batch he/she wishes to enroll for. Make-up sessions will be provided for all missed classes.
If you are enrolled in classes and/or have paid fees, but want to cancel the registration for certain reason, it can be attained within 48 hours of initial registration. Please make a note that refunds will be processed within 30 days of prior request.
Delphi promises success in your CMA Exam, however if you are unsuccessful, you can avail the pass promise and attend the next batch free of cost.
We have a different Mode of the class conducted as per the convenience of professionals and trainers:
- Classroom Training ( Regular and Fasttrack)
- Live Instructor Led Online Training ( Online)
- VIDEO Training ( Online)
All the training sessions are LIVE Online Streaming using through Live meeting software, thus promoting one-on-one trainer student Interaction.
The average pass percentage of CMA students at Delphi are approximately 65% to 70%.