Whether you’re delivering bad news, giving a negative performance evaluation, challenging a colleague or client, objecting to additional workload, presenting options in the midst of a crisis, or simply letting people know that the direction on a certain project is changing —- communicating difficult subject matter can be an emotionally charged event. Understandably, many people would do anything to avoid that situation.
Yet avoiding difficult conversations or mishandling them can result in many negative consequences. This one-day workshop is designed to help you approach difficult conversations with confidence, and manage them skillfully so that feelings are spared and the organization’s best interests are kept front and centre.
What is covered?
- Move from an adversarial to a collaborative approach in conflict resolution
- Initiate and conduct skilled conversations leading to behavioral change
- Understand and manage their reactive emotions during on-job encounters
- Identify and alter unproductive conversational habits from reaction to response
- Use calming communication skills to bring upset people to the point of reason
- Use persuasion and negotiating skills effectively
- Develop positive language patterns
- Conduct and survive difficult problem-solving discussions
- Manage the dynamics of effective problem-solving, one-on-one interviews
We believe that learning – especially for adults -should be relevant and engaging. Our content is immediately useful and use current, real-world examples. It doesn’t matter if you have an MBA or left school at year 9 – our courses are accessible and useful to people from all walks of life and education.