Presentation skills can be enhanced for more effective engagement of one’s audience. The optimal delivery style, language, and structure can ensure sustained interest. The timing and choice of content can persuade listeners. Enunciation and intonation can make a positive impression. Handling questions effectively can project credibility. Optimizing the use of presentation aids can convey a more professional image. Most importantly, participants will have hands-on practice delivering presentations for feedback purposes.
- Be able to structure their presentations more effectively
- Be apply to apply verbal and non-verbal techniques to enhance their delivery
- Be more polished presenters
Course Duration: 1 Day
Course Level: Beginners & Intermediate
What is covered?
The Art of Public Speaking
- Common concerns with presenting
- Knowing the audience
- Determining the outcome
- Identifying a theme
- Structuring the presentation
Content is King
- Preparing effective openings
- Providing outlines
- Facilitating understanding
- Using effective phrases
- Using PowerPoint
- Using other visuals and presentation aids
- Using humour
- Overcoming fear
- Demonstrating enthusiasm
- Using body language and voice to enhance delivery
- Applying a framework for impromptu presentations
- When it’s over
Each participant will deliver one of his/her prepared presentations. All presentations are to be 3-5 minutes long. Timing will be strictly enforced. For each presentation, other participants and the trainer will complete a feedback form to provide constructive suggestions for improvement.
We believe that learning – especially for adults -should be relevant and engaging. Our content is immediately useful and use current, real-world examples. It doesn’t matter if you have an MBA or left school at year 9 – our courses are accessible and useful to people from all walks of life and education.